Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Music To My Ears

A few weeks ago, I had the privilege to attend with some friends a Beth Moore conference. It was the first time I had ever heard her speak. She was amazing! I highly recommend picking up one of her Bible Studies.

One thing I loved the most about the event was the worship. It was lead by an amazing singer, Travis Cottrell. As I stood there and looked at the crowd of 6,000 women and listened to them sing beautifully songs of praise to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, I realized that I would someday stand with these ladies again. And, not just them, but with everyone!! We will all stand before Jesus someday singing “Holy, Holy, Holy.” What an awesome day that will be!
In heaven we will worship as Adam did before the Fall, with one big difference—we will worship with hearts spilling over with thankfulness, for we will worship with the knowledge that we are saved by the precious blood of Jesus.
When Isaiah speaks for the Lord of the new heavens and earth, he says that "all flesh shall come to worship before me" (Isaiah 66:22,23). The Apostle, John, also says the same thing proclaiming, "For Thou only are holy: for all nations shall come and worship before Thee" (Revelation 15:4).

All will worship! All will fall to their knees and praise the Lord whose glory is revealed. Philippians 2: 9-11 declares, “Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”

No comments:

Post a Comment