Monday, August 20, 2012

Let's Go Deeper

Hi Everyone! Summer is quickly winding down, but what an awesome summer it has been! For some of you, it is time to get back into the school routine, which I have to say my kids are not to thrilled about. I was just complaining tonight about the torture of having to get them back onto a school sleep schedule.

While summer has kept me busy and unfortunately away from blogging, it has not kept me away from reading God's Word, as well as some challenging books. While I love the idea of the Giggles blog, I have found myself wanting to go even deeper. As the new blog states, I am gripped by God! I am gripped by His awesomeness, greatness, sovereignty and so much more. I have recently started reading "Radical" by David Platt...insanely convicting! After the first chapter, I was very emotional and felt so insignificant. I want to know so much more about Him!

This blog is not just for women, but for anyone wanting more of Christ. As David Platt mentions in his book, we have become too comfortable as Christians. We talk about the love of the Father, but we are missing other parts of the Father as well...yes, even His wrath. As Americans, we have taken God's Word to fit to our lifestyle...it's time to get Biblical!

So, let's get uncomfortable together...

1 comment:

  1. So happy you're blogging again! Between the insight and information you provide here (which does result in me digging deeper) and my Monday night group, I'll be heading in an even better direction :)

    ReplyDelete