Monday, January 23, 2012

He Works For Me

In a couple weeks, I have the opportunity to share my story at a women’s breakfast event at a local church. The theme of their event is “Celebrating God’s Love”. As I prepare for this day, I find myself repeatedly overcome with emotions when I think about how much God loves me and you. The One who gave me the gift of grace which I did not deserve has become my greatest joy in life!

I John 3:1 says, “How great is the love the Father has lavished on us that we should be called children of God.  And that is what we are!!”

When I read this verse, I often think about the love I have for my children. There is nothing that they could ever do that would take away my love for them. I know that no matter what paths they chose in life, I will always be there for them. But my love for my children doesn’t even come close to the love that our Heavenly Father has for us. Even in the midst of our darkest hour, He is right there fighting for us. Isn’t it awesome knowing that we are His children!

I love what Beth Moore says in her book, Breaking Free: “If I had to define my relationship with Him by one general statement, I would tell you that He is the absolute joy of my life. I don’t just love Him. I love loving Him. Surrendering my heart to Him has not been a sacrifice. I don’t know any other way to say it: He works for me.”

She later goes on to say, “I want God to be the greatest reality in your life. I want you to be more assured of His presence than any other you can see or touch. This can be your reality. This is your right as a child of God. We are destined to this kind of relationship with God.”

Praise God for his ever-abiding presence in our lives!

“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.”  – Isaiah 43:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment