Monday, January 16, 2012

Checking In

Hi Everyone!

Wow, it's January 16 already, and I am just checking in for the first time of the New Year. I am hoping everyone had a wonderful holiday! I was able to enjoy spending lots of time with my family, so I am thankful for that.

So, as I mentioned, I am just checking in. Unfortunately, I am in my busy season at work. Did I ever mention I am an accountant?  This time of year, everything hits at once! So, for the next five weeks, I will pretty much be consumed by my work.

I have to admit that I was a bit discouraged by my busyness because I feel as though it is keeping me from spending time with God and doing what I feel He wants me to do. Then a friend reminded me that we all go through seasons and that God is using this season for preparation of things to come. And, I know great things are to come, so I will keep running towards that goal.

One passage I always remember: Habakkuk 2:2-3, "Then the LORD replied: Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay."

If you feel God is calling you for a specific purpose but it seems as though it is taking forever to get here, know that it will happen in His time. Just like the verse says, it will not delay. So, while I may have to put aside my blog and a few other projects for a little while, my eyes will still be focused on Him. I hope you will do the same when you find yourself overwhelmed by the busyness of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment