Thursday, April 12, 2012

God is Good

Today marks one week since I had surgery to repair my ACL. Let me just say that it has been an extremely long week. I celebrated my one week post-op by riding the stationary bike for five minutes. All I have to say is God is good!

He is good because He answered my prayers about by meniscus. The doctor was prepared to remove a portion of it, but found that it was just a small tear that will heal on its own. I have to admit I cried when I found out because that was my last prayer before I went into surgery.

God is good because before I got out of bed this morning, I prayed that I would be able to bear the pain which up until that point has been overwhelming. As I made my way to the bathroom to get ready for work, it was the first time in a week that I didn’t cry from the pain.

God is good because my riding the bike today is three weeks earlier than I anticipated! And, I am down to using one crutch!

Psalm 34:1-10 (Message) says, “I bless God every chance I get; my lungs expand with His praise. I live and breathe God; if things aren't going well, hear this and be happy: Join me in spreading the news; together let's get the word out. God met me more than halfway, He freed me from my anxious fears. Look at Him; give Him your warmest smile. Never hide your feelings from Him. When I was desperate, I called out, and God got me out of a tight spot. God's angel sets up a circle of protection around us while we pray. Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see— how good God is. Blessed are you who run to Him. Worship God if you want the best; worship opens doors to all His goodness.”

Thank you to those that that have been praying for me. I have felt all of your prayers! I am very blessed to have such a great family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment